Viewing a movie at the Malta Drive-In Theatre offers you much more freedom than visiting the multiplex, but there are some basic rules that should be followed to increase your enjoyment, as well as the enjoyment of fellow patrons.
NOTE: Rules displayed in white apply to every day of the week while rules in yellow apply only to Friday, Saturday, and on long holiday weekends Sunday.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed onto the
grounds of the theatre without purchase of an Outside Food and Beverage
Permit. The Outside Food and Beverage Permit may be purchased at the
ticket booth on the way in and entitles the occupants of the vehicle to
consume food and non-alcoholic beverages that were brought along.
Sharing with others arriving in other vehicles is strictly prohibited.
The price of an Outside Food and Beverage permit is $5 per vehicle for
- Drive slowly & carefully; there are children about.
- Be courteous, do not park your vehicle so as to block the view of the vehicles behind you.
- Smoking is allowed in the field, but it is PROHIBITED within the snackbar.
- Do not disturb or distract other patrons. They paid to see the movie too.
- Please be neat. Place your trash either in the garbage cans at the snack bar or at the very least in a bag next to a speaker pole. It is a tough job picking up all the garbage on the field and may delay the opening of the gates.
- Please wear shoes while visiting our theatre. We do our best to clean the field before we open, but it is impossible to eliminate all broken glass.
- We have a no shoes, no shirt, no service policy in our snackbar.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children. If your child is doing something he/she shouldn't be, you may be asked to leave.
- Those who tamper with or destroy property will be asked to leave immediately and face possible prosecution. This includes the speaker poles/speakers.
- Campfires and BBQ grills are prohibited for safety.
- You MAY NOT for any reason sit on top of your vehicle. YOU MAY sit on the hood of cars/SUVs and the bed of trucks.
- There is no re-admittance if you leave the theatre at any time. If you wish to re-enter, you will have to pay at the gate again.
- Pets are allowed in the theatre, but not in the snack-bar. If you choose to bring them to the drive-in they must be leashed and must be left in your vehicle if you will not be around the vehicle.
- We will not allow any deliveries into the theatre. If you walk past the box office, to receive a delivery you will have to pay to re-enter as per our re-entry policy.
- You may occupy only one spot per vehicle. It may look like you can't fit two cars in between two poles, but you can.
- Trucks, SUVs, and other large vehicles must park on the South side of the field. This side is marked with yellow poles.
- Cars, station wagons, and other small vehicles must park on the North side of the field unless they intend to watch the movie with friends that have a large vehicle. This side is marked with silver poles. (Note: We will not ask a large vehicle to move because a small vehicle has parked on the yellow side and can't see under ANY circumstances.)
- Saving spots is not allowed. All spots are taken on a first come first serve basis.
- Chairs, blankets, and other such items must be either in front of or behind your vehicle. You may only occupy one spot per vehicle.
If you violate ANY of these rules, you may be told to leave. If you refuse to leave, we will have the police escort you out
If you have trouble starting your car please come to the snack bar and we will assist you with a jump start.